I managed to paint uninterrupted most of today and that doesn't happen too often! I've completed 1 plaque and have started the 2nd of 3. It's nice to have accomplished something, especially since I'm anticipating the upcoming BIG painting. My photos aren't the best, it's been so dark and dreary...bad lighting.
I have been busy with several commissioned items. I was asked to paint three 9" x 12" welcome plaques, featuring Old English Sheepdogs. What an adorable breed! Here are 2 'in progress' pics of one of the welcome plaques. I'll need to complete these 3 little plaques first, before tackling a much larger project. Photos of the completed plaque should be posted in the next day or so.
A pencil sketch...
Starting to paint...
The larger project in the works is a good sized, 24" x 36" oil painting that will include 4 dogs and 2 cats. This painting will be challenging, but fun. I've not had the opportunity to incorporate 6 different pets into one painting for someone. The client and I will look over my sketches and ideas sometime in the coming week.
I just love Gails's depictions of Friesians. Her art captures their majestic presence so wonderfully! And Akiko....what can I say? I'm always floored by her art. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of detail, love and joy Akiko puts into every piece she creates. My thanks to you both. Now I must come up with a list of seven things about me...Hhmmm:
1. As most of you know, I adore nearly any living creature on this earth. Horses, Dogs and Cats top the list. Those are followed by their wild counterparts. I marvel at Zebras, Wolves and Tigers.
2. I enjoy the outdoors very much, year round...although I admit, I find subzero weather best enjoyed from behind a double insulated window pane lately!
3. My family is extremely important to me. Husband and children are always top priority.
4. I've recently taken up baking Artisan Breads. Crunchy crusts, steamy insides slathered with real butter....ooooh. Bread is one of my favorite foods (can you tell?).
5. I really miss trail riding in Connecticut with my friends. Before we moved to Ohio, we were fortunate enough to live within a short riding distance of a beautiful forest. You could ride for miles...and we did, every chance we got.
6. I love to cook and have a book stashed away for my children to use in the future. It includes their favorite dishes with hand written recipes and illustrations.
7. I would love to devote more time to my art...specifically painting. I will do my best this year!
I am an artist with a 35+ year background in commercial and fine art. My favorite subjects are animals of all kinds. I am a member of several artist's groups (ACEO groups, KATS & WHOA), but the one dearest to my heart is 'Art for Critters'. The A4C group has raised and donated thousands of dollars for a number of animal charities. Thanks for stopping by to read a bit about me!
Creating and promoting artwork takes many hours of work. It involves planning, producing and marketing. Please respect my rights and don't steal. This includes 'capturing' (right clicking) or sharing my images with others before asking. Thank you.
The Copyright of all artwork posted here remains the sole property of the artist. When a purchase of my art is made, the reproduction rights are not automatically transferred to the buyer. The reproduction rights may be available for purchase, so please inquire.