Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fawns everywhere...


The sky got very dark this afternoon. I had just put the horses in their stalls when this little one stepped out into view. He was followed by 3 does and their fawns, then a couple yearlings, then a 3-point buck. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of the whole group, since I ran to the house to avoid getting drenched. Maybe next time. I love seeing the deer, but cringe when driving the roads this time of year. The deer are everywhere and tend to jump out at a moments notice. I've had some close calls.

8 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

So cute! Hope you and the deer stay safe on the roads.

Ingrid said...

Thanks Kathleen. Fawns are precious, aren't they? =0)

Barefoot Nana said...

We have a lot of dear here in PA. Hey, what part of OHIO are you in? I was raised in Wheelersburg just outside of Portsmouth. It's 90 miles south of Columbus right on the river across from Ashland KY. Hugs,Norma

Ingrid said...

Hi Norma! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, we've driven through PA a few times and have seen tons of deer. They are so beautiful, but I am sad when I see their carcasses by the roadside. Bad enough the poor creature died, but I always hope no one was killed or seriously injured in the impact! I live waaay up in northern Ohio, in a suburb of Cleveland...close to Baldwin Wallace College. =0)

Linda said...

Deer are so delicate and beautiful. Lindax

Stephanie Mills Photography said...

Baby deers! Sooo cute!

Carol Buck & Dottie Martz said...

what a nice moment caught on film!

Linda said...

How lucky you are to see them, beautiful, I have herbs too , lemon balm and several mints, but I'd love to find some spearmint. I had spearmint tea years ago, and it was so much more refreshing than the mint. Linda x
Hope you are keeping well, and wishing you a wonderful Christmas, please keep arting, we miss you.