Sunday, June 28, 2009

A quick Sunday sketch...in progress



I decided to take most of today off and found myself doing some sketching. I was thinking about the horses and how much they mean to me. They've gotten me through some bad days lately. Here is a quick 'in progress' sketch I'm working on. It's from a reference photo of my mare "Laila", (before I let her mane grow) and Solvin, the gelding I just placed into a new home. While I am happy he's found a useful job and great home, I sure do miss Solvin. He is such a sweet fellow and a wonderful model too. I'll try to remember to post the final sketch when completed.

8 comments:

artbyakiko said...

Looking good! Their eyes are so beautiful. I also love how you cropped it. Looking forward to seeing the completed work.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely sketch, will be looking for the final one :-)

Ingrid said...

Thank you Akiko! =0)
Thanks Gail! =0)

Kathleen Coy said...

Oh Ingrid, I'm so sorry to hear about your father.
The love you have for your horses is shining through in this beautiful sketch. I can't wait to see it finished.

sam said...

Love the composition, glad you getting into art again:o)

Ingrid said...

Thank you Kathleen, that is very sweet of you. =0)
Many thanks Sam...I appreciate the encouraging words! =0)

Linda said...

Wonderful to see more of your amazing art, always a real treat. Solvin is beautiful.Lindaxx

Ingrid said...

Thank you Linda~ I appreciate such nice words from an artist I admire!