Monday, April 27, 2009

A sliver of good news...


After a difficult 18 hour 'hospice' day at my Dad's house, I came home to find a bit of good (but bittersweet) news in my email box! Solvin, my sweet (and handsome) 11 yr.old Norwegian Fjord gelding, has found a new home. He will be living with the Velikys in VA, at Edenbrook Farm. You can visit them at: www.edenbrookfarm.blogspot.com, and www.edenbrookfarm.org . The Veliky's 'Edenbrook Farm' is a therapeutic place for the mind, body and soul. The mentoring relationship built in their program fosters learning, self-discovery and personal growth. Their program will build confidence in participants through exploration of God's wonderful world of animals, gardening and wildlife. Solvin, (along with another super Fjordhorse named Gustav), will provide hours of enjoyment and learning opportunites to all Edenbrook visitors, both young and old. What a great job Solvin will have, I'm so proud of him.

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I'm so glad he has found a good home Ingrid and hopefully you will be able to see him occasionally and keep an eye on him.

We have a therapeutic riding center at the place I work and I know the horses bring so much into the lives of the children and adults.

Ingrid said...

Thanks Gail! We will miss Solvin very much. It would be nice to visit him one day in the future, down in VA. In the meantime, I'll be bugging them for updates. I'm sure Solvin will brighten their lives just as much as he has ours.

Linda (Artwolf) said...

Sad for you, but what a wonderful ambassador he will be, hes looks so beautiful, and it will be a comfort that you can visit. Lindax

Barefoot Nana said...

I know it is clear that you have coppy write on you work. But I have taken this picture and hope to do a pastel of this horse just for you. If that is OK with you let me know or I will delete the picture. Love your way. Norma

Ingrid said...

Thank you for letting me know Norma~ I would be honored to have you do a pastel of Solvin! Can't wait to see it...bye for now...take care! =0)

Barefoot Nana said...

Thank you dear friend for letting me at leat try to do him for you. I'll get started in a few week. Going to take my grandaughter back to Ohio. Will let you know when it is finished. Hugs, Norma