Sunday, February 22, 2009

'In Progress' Plaques

I have been busy with several commissioned items. I was asked to paint three 9" x 12" welcome plaques, featuring Old English Sheepdogs. What an adorable breed!
Here are 2 'in progress' pics of one of the welcome plaques. I'll need to complete these 3 little plaques first, before tackling a much larger project. Photos of the completed plaque should be posted in the next day or so.



A pencil sketch...


Starting to paint...

The larger project in the works is a good sized, 24" x 36" oil painting that will include 4 dogs and 2 cats. This painting will be challenging, but fun. I've not had the opportunity to incorporate 6 different pets into one painting for someone. The client and I will look over my sketches and ideas sometime in the coming week.

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

How fun! I love painting on plaques and rarely do it these days. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kathleen Coy said...

Aw, this is going to be so cute!

Carol Buck & Dottie Martz said...

love to see the work in progress and see what you start on! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ingrid said...

Thanks very much ladies!
I used to paint alot of plaques in the 'early eBay years' (circa: 1999). Then I got away from them, on to other venues. =0) Ingrid