How nice to have received a blog award from two of my favorite artists!
The ever talented Gail Ragsdale of:
"Art by Gail" http://artbygail.blogspot.com/
and the amazing Akiko Watanabe from:
"Art by Akiko" http://artbyakiko.blogspot.com/
I just love Gails's depictions of Friesians. Her art captures their majestic presence so wonderfully! And Akiko....what can I say? I'm always floored by her art. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of detail, love and joy Akiko puts into every piece she creates. My thanks to you both. Now I must come up with a list of seven things about me...Hhmmm:
1. As most of you know, I adore nearly any living creature on this earth. Horses, Dogs and Cats top the list. Those are followed by their wild counterparts. I marvel at Zebras, Wolves and Tigers.
2. I enjoy the outdoors very much, year round...although I admit, I find subzero weather best enjoyed from behind a double insulated window pane lately!
3. My family is extremely important to me. Husband and children are always top priority.
4. I've recently taken up baking Artisan Breads. Crunchy crusts, steamy insides slathered with real butter....ooooh. Bread is one of my favorite foods (can you tell?).
5. I really miss trail riding in Connecticut with my friends. Before we moved to Ohio, we were fortunate enough to live within a short riding distance of a beautiful forest. You could ride for miles...and we did, every chance we got.
6. I love to cook and have a book stashed away for my children to use in the future. It includes their favorite dishes with hand written recipes and illustrations.
7. I would love to devote more time to my art...specifically painting. I will do my best this year!