Tuesday, February 3, 2009

***Blog Award***


How nice to have received a blog award from two of my favorite artists!
The ever talented Gail Ragsdale of:
and the amazing Akiko Watanabe from:
I just love Gails's depictions of Friesians. Her art captures their majestic presence so wonderfully! And Akiko....what can I say? I'm always floored by her art. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of detail, love and joy Akiko puts into every piece she creates. My thanks to you both. Now I must come up with a list of seven things about me...Hhmmm:
1. As most of you know, I adore nearly any living creature on this earth. Horses, Dogs and Cats top the list. Those are followed by their wild counterparts. I marvel at Zebras, Wolves and Tigers.
2. I enjoy the outdoors very much, year round...although I admit, I find subzero weather best enjoyed from behind a double insulated window pane lately!
3. My family is extremely important to me. Husband and children are always top priority.
4. I've recently taken up baking Artisan Breads. Crunchy crusts, steamy insides slathered with real butter....ooooh. Bread is one of my favorite foods (can you tell?).
5. I really miss trail riding in Connecticut with my friends. Before we moved to Ohio, we were fortunate enough to live within a short riding distance of a beautiful forest. You could ride for miles...and we did, every chance we got.
6. I love to cook and have a book stashed away for my children to use in the future. It includes their favorite dishes with hand written recipes and illustrations.
7. I would love to devote more time to my art...specifically painting. I will do my best this year!

6 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

What a beautiful list, Ingrid! Your children are very lucky to have your handmade cookbook waiting for them...what a thoughtful gift!
And your bread sounds heavenly!!! :-)

artbyakiko said...

Indrid, thanks for sharing your 7 things. Your hand-written recipes with illustrations should be published, so I can buy. :) Yes you guessed it right, I'm not a good cook. I just love to eat good food.

Ingrid said...

Hi Kathleen~ Thank you for the nice words. I thought perhaps my children might like to recreate their favorite dishes one day, when I'm not around anymore. I've wished my Mom would have written down her recipes. I miss her and her good food!
Hello Akiko~ I'm not the worlds best cook...but I enjoy trying new recipes. The ones that turn out well find their way into my little book. The failed dishes find their way to the chicken coop! I have well fed chickens. =0)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I enjoyed reading your 7 things.

The lemonade award is yours(positive attitude blog award) come and pick it up :-)

allhorsestuff said...

WOW...I could have written those for myself..we share a lot in common..though I am still trail riding.
Congrats on the award!
KK

Angie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and congrats on your award...I love your idea for the cookbook! I will visit again soon.