Saturday, December 13, 2008

Friesian Appliques


I've been making these Friesian Applique Patches for a few years now. Coming up with my designs is an interesting process. Here is the simplified version: I draw the Friesian horse silhouette. It is then digitized with special software and uploaded to my embroidery machine. The horse is added to a badge shape, words are added and colors are chosen. All the elements are combined, and then VOILA! The patches are ready to be created with a special material and backing made for appliques. I really enjoy the custom aspect of these and so do my customers. They are available on eBay (my eBay ID: fjord_and_friesian) and on my webpage (www.fullmoonfarm.us). Take a peek if you like. Thanks!

2 comments:

artbyakiko said...

What beautiful appliques! It's great to be able to create such cool appliques from your own artwork!

Ingrid said...

Thank you Akiko! =0)